Pogo Recipe: Chocolate and Almond Brownies
16 2"x2" Brownies
| 1/2 Cup || Butter |
| 4 Oz. || Unsweetened Chocolate |
| || |
| 3 || Eggs |
| 1 1/2 Cups || Sugar |
| 1/2 Tbsp || Vanilla |
| 3/4 Cup || Flour |
| 1/2 tsp || Salt |
| 3/4 Cup || Sliced Almonds |
| || |
| 1 || Greased 8"x8" pan |
Preheat Oven to: 375 Degrees Fahrenheit
- Break the unsweetened chocolate into pieces (or start with unsweetened chips). Melt the chocolate by placing it in a microwave and cook at 100% for 20-30 seconds at a time, stirring after each. Once the chocolate is mostly melted, place the butter in as well for the final spin in the microwave. (It's also possible to melt these together over the stove, but that takes longer.) Set aside.
- Beat the eggs, sugar, and vanilla in a large bowl at high speed for about 10 minutes until it has a fluffly feel. An electric mixer really helps here.
- Blend in the chocolate mixture from step 1, the flour, and the salt.
- Lastly, stir in the almonds and pour the mixture into the greased 8"x8" pan.
- Bake in the over at 375°F for 30-35 minutes. Be careful not to overbake.